1. Scrap Bays Limited is an online trading platform that facilitates the buying and selling of scrap metal. The company is registered at 60 Cheapside, London EC2V 6AX.
2. We are a data controller and our ICO registration number is ZB407340.
3. This privacy notice provides information about the personal data we process belonging to users of the platform, in compliance with the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
What personal data does Scrap Bays process?
5. When you register with Scrap Bays we collect the following personal information about you:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Position in your organisation
- Any personal information on your organisation’s Scrap Metal Dealer’s Licence, such as the Site Manager’s name in some cases.
Why does Scrap Bays process this personal data and what is the legal basis for doing so?
6. Scrap Bays gathers this information when you register for an account in order to allow you to use the platform and help you to buy and sell scrap metal.
7. You agree to our terms and conditions when you register and we need your personal data in order to give effect to that agreement.
8. With your consent we may share your personal data with other parties for marketing purposes, including analytics providers which track use of our online trading platform.
Where does Scrap Bays obtain the information from and whom does it share it with?
9. Scrap Bays obtains the information directly from you the data subject.
10. Your name, email address and date of birth are shared with Stripe, the organisation that takes payment from you on our behalf. When you register for an account with us you will be required to open an account with Stripe and to provide additional personal information to them. Stripe processes personal data it receives from us throughout the world within its organisation.
11. Scrap Bays shares your personal data with Amazon Website Services (AWS) which hosts its website. AWS stores your information in England.
12. Your personal customer ID is shared with analytics providers including Mixpanel to assist Scrap Bays with business development. It is also shared with Facebook for the same reason.
How long does Scrap Bays keep the information for?
13. Personal data is retained for six months from the last log in to your registered account, except where data is required for auditing and accounting purposes. Any personal data required for these purposes is retained for six years.
How we protect your data
14. Scrap Bays has put in place security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data.
15. We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
16. Scrap Bays is committed to protecting your rights to privacy. They include:
- Right to be informed about what Scrap Bays do with your personal data;
- Right to have a copy of all the personal data Scrap Bays processes about you;
- Right to rectification of any inaccurate data processed, and to add to information that is incomplete;
- Right to be forgotten and your personal data destroyed;
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to the processing Scrap Bays carries out based on its legitimate interest as an online trading platform.
17. If you have any queries about personal information please email firstname.lastname@example.org with Personal Data in the subject heading.
Information Commissioner’s Office
18. You may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113.